About the Role
Provides high quality clinical services to patients and their health care providers by upholding and embodying the company’s mission. Our mission is to develop and maintain a partnership of trust with patients and their health care providers to deliver patient-centered, provider-led, and technology-enabled chronic condition management that results in optimal health outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Serve as a clinical resource for patients, clients, brokers, Third Party Administrators, peers, and co-workers.
Provide education and consultations to eligible members of the Tria Health program.
Develop weight management plans to patients with specific SMART goals.
Monitor effectiveness of weight loss plan and intervene with plan adjustments when necessary.
Provide emotional support to guide patients to behavioral change.
Assist patients in identifying and understanding their main motivators for change, identify their own strengths and values, provide guidance and accountability for goal setting, and be able to access and understand patient’s health conditions and how they may impact their weight loss plan.
Communicate with other healthcare providers when necessary.
Provide continuity of care to the patient load assigned.
Assist in the development of patient resources within Tria platforms including website, patient portal, and Tria Health app.
Assist with training of team members from other departments upon request.
Evening appointment availability
Work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to the Tria Health mission statement, vision statement, motto, and employee handbook.
· Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and clinical literature.
· Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Effective communication skills are required to succeed in this position.
· Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is desired.
· Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Word, Access, Excel, Database software, E-mail, and Internet.
· Require a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nutrition or similar field
· Prefer certification in Health Coaching
· 1-3 years of experience in direct patient care
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand, bend, kneel, sit, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment where standard office equipment such as computer, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers are utilized. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
Location: Tria Health is currently located in Overland Park, KS but will be moving to Kansas City, MO (Crossroads area) in 2023.
Hours: 20-hour workweek, with evening availability. Hybrid schedule is allowed after training.
This job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements and may be changed at any time.